- 1. Before you enter the Dojang, stand at attention and bow to the flags. Enter the Dojang, stand at attention, follow this with a full bow to your Master.
- 2. If Instructors or any Black Belts are present, address them with a full bow, then kneel into meditation to clear your mind and prepare you for class.
- 3. Always address your Master with the title Sa Bum Nim and your Instructors with the title Kyo Sa Nim at all times. Both inside and outside the Dojang.
- 4. Always show proper respect to your Master and Instructors with a full traditional bow, both inside and outside the Dojang. Bowing is an international sign of respect. It shows respect for you and others.
- 5. When speaking to a Master or an Instructor, please show respect by addressing them as sir or ma’am.
- 6. Whenever you approach your Instructors, address him/her first with a bow, then speak to them politely, thank them and finish with a bow.
- 7. Whenever you need assistance, simply inform your Instructor that you do not know a particular movement and he/she will help you.
- 8. Never ask your Master or Instructor to demonstrate or show you how to do something.
- 9. Do not ask when students are to be promoted to next rank. Your Master will invite the student to the test when he/she is deemed ready.
- 10. Higher-ranking students shall set a good example by showing respect to the lower ranking students and helping them when necessary. Higher-ranking students should never take advantage of their rank and authority. This is the way we respect each other in the Dojang.
- 11. All lower ranking students shall obey and respect higher-ranking students.
- 12. Pre-class time should be spent be stretching, warming up, meditating or practicing your techniques. Any talking should be kept to a minimum.
- 13. Whenever you arrive during a class, enter the Dojang and wait on your knees until your Instructor places you in the class. Do not leave class without your Instructor’s permission.
- 14. Always wear a clean uniform to class. Fingernails and toenails are to be kept short and neatly trimmed; also no repugnant hairstyles.
- 15. The following are prohibited in the Dojang; shoes, socks, smoking, intoxication, food/beverage, chewing gum, bad language, or arguing.
- 16. Do not demonstrate or teach Taekwondo (martial arts) outside of the school without the express permission of your Master.
- 17. Never degrade Taekwondo or the reputation of your school.
- 18. You must have permission from your instructor to participate in any tournament or martial art activity. All awards, including trophies, medals, etc., shall be displayed at the school first and then taken home.
- • These rules are for the benefit of all Taekwondo students.
- • Violations can lead to belt demotion, suspension or permanent dismissal from school.
141 Raritan Ave.
Highland Park, NJ 08904
104 Towne Center Drive
Warren, NJ 07059